Indoor Environmental Health

NJ Health


Indoor Environmental Health

When child care centers apply to the Department of Children and Families (DCF) for a license, there are indoor environmental health standards that must be met. If certain “environmental triggers” are identified the child care center is required to acquire a Safe Building Interior Certification (SBIC) from the DOH EOHAP office. Information required by the DOH EOHAP office includes Indoor Environmental Health Assessment reports (IEHAs), payment information, DEP (or a DEP-licensed consultant) approval letter, a Preliminary Assessment report, radon test results, and lead and asbestos inspection reports.

Indoor environmental Health Application Submissions

How to